OBAID AZAM AZMI
Name : Obaidur Rahman
Pen Name : Obaid Azam Azmi
see details on Wikipedia
Educational Qualification :
MA (Urdu),Diploma in Computer, University of Mumbai.
Languages Known : Urdu, Hindi, English, Bhojpuri & Awadhi.
Editor : Urdu Channel (Monthly Literary Magazine), Mumbai.
Contact : +91 9987382983 / +91 9869712548
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.azmi.in
1) Laazawaal (Poetry Collection), Coming soon
2) Arooz (Urdu Prosody) Coming soon
3) Rubaiyaat-e-Islam (Poetry Collection), Coming soon
4) Khirman – a poetry collection of Muztar khairabadi (5 Volumes, Edited with Javed Akhtar – Published in 2015 released by Vice President of India Honorable Hamid Ansari Sahab)
I have recited hundreds of National & International Mushairas from 1990, with popular poets like Ali Sardar Jafri, Majrooh Sultanpuri, Kaifi Azmi, Ali Jawwad Zaidi, Naushad, Dr. Jagannath Azad, Ahmed Faraz, Qateel Shifai, Shahryar, Mohammad Alvi, Nida Fazli, Basheer Badr, Amjad Islam Amjad,Gulzar Dehlavi, Aziz Qaisi, Kalidas Gupta Reza, Javed Akhtar, Indeevar, Dr. Malikzada Manzoor Ahmed, Naqsh Layalpuri, Mumtaz Rashid, Bashar Nawaz, Hasan Kamal, Sameer, Rahat Indori, Qaisarul Jafri, Abdul Ahad Saaz etc.
See > Sahafat Daily Mumbai. 10/1/2010, Inquilab Daily, 16/2/2011, 20/2/2009, 11/12/2011, 25/5/2012
and also recited poetry on All India Radio, Vividh Bharati and on TV Channels Like DD Urdu, ETV Urdu, ETC, UTN, Aakaash Vani, etc
(Majrooh Sultanpuri & Obaid Azam Azmi at Gogte College Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, India. 1999)
From Left Obaid Azam Azmi , Anwar Zaheer Khan, Prof. Rafia Shabnam Abidi, Ali Sardar Jafri & Majrooh Sultanpuri- at Anjuman i Islam , VT, Bombay,Year- 1995.
Special Invitation for Poetry Recitation :
1) Sahitya Academy (Mumbai branch), at Dadar, Mumbai. 1997
2) Harmony week — organized by Mumbai Police & CCBT, at Saboo Siddik, Byculla, Mumbai-8. 16/11/2007.
3) Poetry Against Terrorism, Organized by Sahyog Cultural Society, Mumbai, at Islam Gymkhana, Mumbai. on 19/12/2008. See Mid-Day (Mumbai) 20/12/2008.
4) Sur Singar Samsad, 47th Kala ke kalakar, Vidyapeeth Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai. on 29/5/2008
5) Bazm-e-Adab, Jaunpur, Dist. Jaunpur U.P. 20/6/2010
6) Shibli College, Azamgarh, U.P. on 07/6/2012, See Inquialb Daily (Varanasi Edition 08/06/2012), Rashtriya Sahara Daily (Lucknow Edition, 08/06/2012.)
7) Hindi Association of KMC College & Rotract Club of Khopoli, , Khopoli, Raigad, Maharashtra. on 18/2/2010
8) Aashirwad’s 24, hours Kavi Kavi sammelan, Mumbai, 2013
9) Jashn e Azadi Hindi, Anjuman – e – Muhibbaan-e-Urdu, Doha, Qatar. 19 SEP 2014
10) International Mushaira, Shaikh Rashed Auditorium, Dubai 2014
Invention & Research Works in Urdu Prosody :
1) Bahr-e-Azam (published in Monthly Urdu Channel, Mumbai.)
2) 28 – Nai BahreN (published in Monthly Urdu Channel, Mumbai)
3) Rubaii ke Naye Avzaan (published in Monthly Shair, Inquilab Daily, & Urdu Channel)
1) Mish’al-e-JaaN ka Aroozi Tajziya (Organized by Gogte Colleg Ratnagiri -1999)
2) Ali Sardar Jafri ki Shairi ka Aroozi Tajziya (Organized by Nehru Centre, Mumbai-2001)
3) Rubaii ke Naye Avzaan (Organized by Arabic Dept. Mumbai University-2012)
4) Iqbal Suhail Ki Ghazlon ka Aroozi Mutala’aa ( Organised by Shibli National College Azamgarh Feb 2017)
5) Firaq Gorakhpuri ki Ghazlon Ka Aroozi Tajziya ( organised by dept. of Urdu, Mumbai University, Feb 2017)
Published Literary work :
My writings get published in various leading Urdu Magazines & Newspapers such as
Aiwan-e-Urdu (New Delhi), Kitab Numa (New Delhi, December 1994),Urdu Channel (Mumbai),Inquilab Daily (Mumbai, 16/3/2010,25/12/2011), Urdu Times Daily ( Mumbai), Sahafat Daily (Mumbai),Shair Monthly (Mumbai) Zad-e-Safar Monthly (Mumbai) ,Hindustan daily (Mumbai), Awaaz-e- Mulk (Varanasi), TahreereNav (New Mumbai), Tabeer Daily (Beed), Ras Rang (Hindi) Noida, Bebaak Malegaon, Gulabi Kiran (Delhi, Dec-1994). Urdu Mela Weekly( Solapur, Mumbai 02/8/2012), Bi Monthly Baazdeed (Nov 2012, MushaairoN ki Tehzeeb by Nehru Centre Mumbai December 2012, Kutubnuma Hindi – 2013. Mumbai, etc.
I have Written Columns in
1) Daily Urdu Times (Mumbai)
2) Daily Sahafat (Mumbai)
3) Daily Tabeer (Beed)
4) Monthly Urdu Channel (Mumbai).
5) Hum Aap Daily (Mumbai) … from 22 Oct 2017 still continue…