OBAID AZAM AZMI
|Pen Name||:||Obaid Azam Azmi|
|Fathers Name||:||Shaikh Shamim Ahmed|
|(Ex. M.L.A. Indian National Congress, from Mumbai, Maharshtra).|
see on Wikipedia
|Educational Qualification||:||MA (Urdu)|
|Diploma, Mumbai University.|
|Contact||:||+91 9987382983 / +91 9869712548 Email : email@example.com|
|Languages Known||:||Urdu, Hindi, English|
|Editor||:||Urdu Channel (Monthly Literary Magazine), Mumbai.|
|1) Laazawaal (Poetry Collection), Coming soon|
|2) Arooz (Urdu Prosody) Coming soon|
|3) Rubaiyaat-e-Islam (Poetry Collection), Coming soon|
I have recited hundreds of National & International Mushairas from 1990, with popular poets like Ali Sardar Jafri, Majrooh Sultanpuri, Kaifi Azmi, Ali Jawwad Zaidi, Naushad, Dr. Jagannath Azad, Ahmed Faraz, Qateel Shifai, Shahryar, Mohammad Alvi, Nida Fazli, Basheer Badr, Amjad Islam Amjad,Gulzar Dehlavi, Aziz Qaisi, Kalidas Gupta Reza, Javed Akhtar, Indeevar, Dr. Malikzada Manzoor Ahmed, Naqsh Layalpuri, Mumtaz Rashid, Bashar Nawaz, Hasan Kamal, Sameer, Rahat Indori, Qaisarul Jafri, Abdul Ahad Saaz etc.
See > Sahafat Daily Mumbai. 10/1/2010, Inquilab Daily, 16/2/2011, 20/2/2009, 11/12/2011, 25/5/2012
and also recited poetry on All India Radio, Vividh Bharati and on TV Channels Like DD Urdu, ETV Urdu, ETC, UTN, Aakaash Vani, etc
|Special Invitation for Poetry Recitation||:||
Sahitya Academy (Mumbai branch), at Dadar, Mumbai. 1997
2) Harmony week -- organized by Mumbai Police & CCBT, at Saboo Siddik, Byculla, Mumbai-8. 16/11/2007.
3) Poetry Against Terrorism, Organized by Sahyog Cultural Society, Mumbai, at Islam Gymkhana, Mumbai. on 19/12/2008. See Mid-Day (Mumbai) 20/12/2008.
4) Sur Singar Samsad, 47th Kala ke kalakar, Vidyapeeth Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai. on 29/5/2008
5) Bazm-e-Adab, Jaunpur, Dist. Jaunpur U.P. 20/6/2010
6) Shibli College, Azamgarh, U.P. on 07/6/2012, See Inquialb Daily (Varanasi Edition 08/06/2012), Rashtriya Sahara Daily (Lucknow Edition, 08/06/2012.)
7) Hindi Association of KMC College & Rotract Club of Khopoli, , Khopoli, Raigad, Maharashtra. on 18/2/2010
8) Aashirwad's 24, hours Kavi Kavi sammelan, Mumbai, 2013
|Invention & Research Works in Urdu Prosody||:||
1) Bahr-e-Azam (published in Monthly
Urdu Channel, Mumbai.)
2) 28 - Nai BahreN (published in Monthly Urdu Channel, Mumbai)
3) Rubaii ke Naye Avzaan (published in Monthly Shair, Inquilab Daily, & Urdu Channel)
1) Mish'al-e-JaaN ka Aroozi
Tajziya (Organized by Gogte Colleg Ratnagiri
|Published Literary work||:||
I have Written Columns in 1) Daily Urdu Times (Mumbai) 2) Daily Sahafat (Mumbai) 3) Daily Tabeer (Beed) 4) Monthly Urdu Channel (Mumbai).
|Articles by me||:||
SultanPuri Shakhsiyat Aur Fun ( Published in Zad-e-Safar,
2) Shamsur Rahman faruqi Aur Taskeen-e-Avsat ( published in Urdu Channel, Mumbai)
3) Javed Akhtar Fun Aur Shakhsiyat (Publishe in Lokrajya, Mumbai)
4) Ganesh bihari Tarz Shakhs Aur shair (published in Inquilab Daily, Mumbai)
5) Urdu zaban Haal Aur Mustaqbil (published in Inquilab Daily, Mumbai)
6) Sagar Tripathi ki Naatiya Shairi (publishe in Saayebaan-e-Rahmat, Poetry collection of Sagar Tripathi)
7) Baat Baat meiN Badi Baat (Published in Aaina Muaaina, Poetry collection of Manik Munde)
8) Manik Munde ki Shairy (Published in Titiksha, Poetry collection of Manik Munde)
|Articles on me||:||
Obaid Azam Azmi ki Shairy by Yusuf Nazim
2) To Arooz ki Kaaya palat hojaayegi by Dr. Kamal Ahmed Siddiqui, Unpublished.
|About me in other poets and writers Books/ Interviews/ Articles/Letters||:||
1) Meer Anees by Ali Jawwad Zaidi (published by Sahitya
Academy New Delhi. 1991)
9) Manzil ba Manzil (Critical Essays) by Syed Mubarak Ali (published by Syed Mubarak Ali, Mumbai wali chawl, koliwada, kalyan-Thana-421301. Feb-2012, page no.199).
10) Urdu Aur
Bollywood by Suhail Akhtar Warsi (published by National Book Trust, New
Gayi -Released 2013. Song :
Man Tu Shudi ,
Sung by Sonu Nigam
2) Kuch Log (Songs)
Songs Sung By :
Asha Bhosle, Rekha Bhardwaj, Sadhna Sargam, Shan,
Ahan and Shahid.
Poetry Written by me in following
12) Muncipal Urdu School , Nehru Ngar, Kurla (w), 25/2/2014
|Awards||:||1) Meer Taqi Meer Award (Lucknow) for Literary Contribution in Urdu Language. Year - 2012|
|2) Kaavya Bhooshan Award (Writer's & Journalist Association, Maharashtra). Year - 2011|
|3) Mirza Ghalib Award for Baitbaazi, 1998.|
|4) Hafiz-e- Shirazi Award 1996.|
|5) Maharashtra State Urdu Academy Award for Bait baazi for 1990.|
6) Secured first prize for Ghazal Writing Competition Known as " Jigar Muradabadi Trophy" organized by Government Law College, Mumbai, during the year 1989-90.
7) Secured first prize for Ghazal Writing Competition organized by Maharashtra College, Mumbai, during the year 1990-91 also for 1991-1992.
8) Awarded for being captain of winners team at Inter-Collegiate Bait baazi competition organized by Akbar Peer Bhoy College, Mumbai Known as "Moinuddin Haris Bait baazi Trophy" during the year (1990-91) also for(1991-92).
9) Best performance in Bait Baazi competition held at Maharashtra college, Mumbai, during the year 1990-91.
|Held Positions||:||General Sec : All India Urdu Council (Mumbai)|
|Sec. : Anjuman-e-Traqqui-e- Urdu Hind (Maharashtra).|
|1) Khusro se Majrooh Tak Organized by Nehru Centre Mumbai.(2001)|
|2) Ghazal ka Safar Organized by Cancer Aid Foundation Mumbai.|
|3) Rooh-E-Majrooh Organized by Ibaadat Foundation New Delhi (in Mumbai, March 2012).|
|4) Rooh-E-Shakeel Organized by Ibaadat Foundation New Delhi (in New Delhi, Aug, 2012).|
|5) Jashn-E-Hafiz Organized by Nehru Centre, Urdu Council, Iran Cultural House, Anjuman Traqqi Urdu (Mah)-1995.|
|16) Ghazal Show - Lafz-o-Avaz in New Delhi , organised Ibaadat foundation.|
|Work with Legends Like||:||1) Majrooh Sultanpuri (Urdu Poet & Lyricist).|
|2) Ali Sardar Jafri (Urdu Poet , Lyricist, Writer & Scholar).|
|3) Ali Jawwad Zaidi (Urdu Poet ,Writer & Scholar).|
|4) Yusuf Nazim (Urdu Poet and Humor Writer).|
|5) Javed Akhtar (Urdu Poet , Lyricist, and Film Writer).|
|6) Prof. Dr. Rafia Shabnam Abidi (Urdu Poetess, Writer, ex. HOD Urdu dept. Mumbai University).|
|Other Activities||:||>> Member of Syllabus committee Bal Bharati - Pune.|
|>> Ex. Special Executive officer Government of Maharashtra.2003-2007.|
|>> Member Film Writers Association.|